12/17/2007

KURTZ'S COMPOUND

aaaaa"Yeah, American civilian. Hi yanks...
American, american civilian. It's all right. And you got the cigarettes, that's what I've been dreaming of."
a"Yeah, well... "They think you have come to take him away.
"""I hope that isn't true."
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Take who away?""""""""""""These are all his children, man!
""""""""""""""""As far as you can see!"
"The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll, uh, well, you'll say hello to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you, and he won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say:
:If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you... I mean, I'm... no, I can't...
.I should have been a... pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas... I mean... Hey, don't go without me, OK?
I want to get a picture."
a
"He's fighting the war. He's a great man. I mean... I wish I had words. I'll tell you one thing: the other day he wanted to kill me."

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Why did he want to kill you?"""""""""He said: if you take my picture again,
"""""""""""""""I'M GONNA KILL YOU.
ASo you just lay it cool, lay back, dig it... He gets friendly again, really does. But you don't judge him like an ordinary man."
a"Can you feel the vibe of this place? Let me take a picture.
"""Hey, hello... hello. Would you hold it for a minute?"
a"The heads. You're looking at the heads. I, uh... sometimes he goes too far, you know. He's the first one to admit it!"
aIf you could have heard the man, just two days ago, if you could have heard the man! you going to call him crazy?"
""""""""aaaaaaaaaa"I just want to talk to him."
"Well man, he's gone away. He's gone away. He disappeared into the jungle with his people... He feels comfortable with his people. He forgets himself with his people."

"I'll wait for him."

"Captain, maybe we should wait back at the boat."
a









"Then you'll help me."

"Help you? Fucking A, I'll help you. I'll do anything to get out
of this joint. We could blow all the assholes away. They're all so spaced out they wouldn't even know it. I'm not afraid of those fucking skulls, and altars and shit.
Well, fuck. I don't care where it goes as long as it ain't here.
"""So, what you wanna do? I'll kill the fuck..."

"No, no. I'm gonna need you right here, Chef. I'll go up with Lance, scrounge around, check the place out,
aaaaasee if I can find the colonel.""The code is Almighty, coordinates 090264712.. It's all in here."
"